Qualifications: Graduated in the last 12 months. First-timers in VC with raw tier-one talent, evidence of exceptional achievement and track record - not just diplomas!
Required experience: six months + of relevant work experience
Language skills: German (desirable) & English fluent (essential)
Length of internship: six months
Location: Berlin (semi-remote optional once onboarded in Berlin)
The programme: Our six-month program is designed to help talent break into venture capital, join one of our portfolio companies, or even build and launch their own startup.
- Network building and market research to support investment deal flow
- Mapping existing trends and emerging technologies to share with the team
- Diligencing incoming investment opportunities, including competitor intelligence
- Project deep-dive into identified market pain point or technology trend to be submitted at the end of the internship
Our Ideal Candidate
- Highly engaged with the startup world; passionate about technology and innovation
- Outstanding motivation and intellectually curious, always willing to take the initiative
- Interest in supply chain technology
- Analytical and detail-orientated
- Self-starter who thrives in an open, unstructured and fluid environment
- Excellent communication skills with a positive attitude
- Fluent in English (Bi-lingual preferable - GER)
- High numerical competency (financial report analysis)
- Basic understanding of business strategy / financial modelling
- Topline understanding of the logistics, shipping, energy or mobility markets
- MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint
We are Amplifier - early-stage venture capital investors.
Change-makers for the world’s industrial backend operating system - the supply chain.
Approaching the supply chain as an interconnected ecosystem, we invest at Seed and Series A, from first to last-mile across disruptive logistics, mobility and industrial technology companies. With a focus on AI deep learning, autonomy, robotics, IoT supply chain traceability and last-mile optimisation.
Why Should You Care About the Supply Chain
Often ignored, this is a space with massive impact, both economically and environmentally. Trust us, once you get a look backstage, it deserves the hype! The logistics market alone is worth $9.6 trillion, with the supply chain creating over 600 million jobs worldwide and generating 90% of your typical consumer company’s environmental footprint.
Faced with massive challenges to ensure a sustainable future, we look for solutions.
We are a small team, operating with a flat hierarchy to encourage ongoing learning and ensure maximum exposure. We move fast and stay flexible, giving everyone the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, thriving on uncertainty and valuing initiative.
Please include with your application the following:
- LinkedIn profile link
- 1x paragraph outlining your personal story and why you are the best candidate for this role
- 1x paragraph on why you want to work in venture capital and specifically at Amplifier
- 1x paragraph describing a time when you had to deal with high levels of ambiguity
- 3x pre-seed or seed-stage startups you love and why
If there are any questions you can contact us at email@example.com